Message from the Chief – Thanksgiving
November 18, 2022
The Fire Chief would like to remind you of a few simple Safety Tips to follow during the Thanksgiving Holiday.
- Thanksgiving is the peak day for home cooking fires.
- Remain in the kitchen when you are cooking on the stovetop so you can keep an eye on the food.
- Stay in the home when cooking your turkey and check on it frequently.
- Keep children away from the stove. The stove will be hot so children should stay 3 feet away.
- Make sure children stay away from hot food and liquids. The steam or splash from vegetables, gravy or coffee could cause serious burns.
- Never leave children alone in room with a lit candle.
- Make sure your smoke alarms are working. Test them by pushing the test button.
You can follow us on Facebook click to follow link www.facebook.com/briarcliffmanorfiredept and on Instagram at www.instagram.com/briarcliffmanorfiredept.
Consider becoming a VOLUNTEER Firefighter or EMT. Simply, click the link https://join.bmfd.org/
On behalf of the Fire Chiefs and all the Members of the Briarcliff Manor Fire Department, we wish you and your family a Safe and Enjoyable Thanksgiving Holiday!