Message from the Chief – Around the House
May 13, 2022
The Fire Chief would like remind you of how to remain safe while around the house.
Here are some safety tips to follow:
- Make sure your address numbers are up and visible from the street so we can see it.
- Maintain a clear ‘fire zone’ of 10′ around structures.
- Check outdoor electrical outlets and other electrical appliances for animal nests and to ensure proper wiring.
- Keep 100′ of garden hose with an attached nozzle connected and ready for use.
- Remove leaves and trash from carports and garages. Combustible materials are dangerous if they are exposed to heated automobile components, especially under the vehicle.
- Clean up and properly store paints, pool and yard chemicals.
- Check fuel containers for leaks and make sure they are properly stored.
- Let power equipment sit and cool for approximately 30 minutes before placing it inside to be sure there is no possibility of fire.
- Remember open air burning is not allowed.
Always DIAL 911 in an emergency!
Consider becoming a VOLUNTEER Firefighter or EMT. Simply, click the link https://join.bmfd.org/