Message from the Chief – Grilling
April 29, 2022
The Fire Chief would like to remind everyone of some important Grilling Safety Tips.
Fire in the grill, under hot dogs and burgers, is a welcome sight at the family cookout. But fire anywhere else can make your summer kick-off barbecue memorable for all the wrong reasons. To keep you and your family safe while grilling, follow these general guidelines.
General Grilling Tips:
- Propane and charcoal BBQ grills should only be used outdoors.
- The grill should be placed well away from the home, deck railings and out from under eaves and overhanging branches.
- Keep children and pets away from the grill area.
- Keep your grill clean by removing grease or fat buildup from the grills and in trays below the grill.
- Never leave your grill unattended.
Have a Safe and Enjoyable Grilling Season!
Consider becoming a VOLUNTEER Firefighter or EMT. Simply, click the link https://join.bmfd.org/