WCVFA Convention & Parade is HERE!
September 14, 2017
The 111th Annual WCVFA Convention and Parade is on September 14-16, 2017. Fire Departments county-wide will be attending convention meetings and training seminars, a friendship night, and on Saturday, September 16th, a full dress parade through the Village of Briarcliff Manor.
The parade will begin at 1:00 PM from the assembly points on the many streets west of Mulberry and then funnel out onto Pleasantville Road south through the Village. A reviewing stand will be mid-block on Pleasantville Road. The parade will end in Law Park with a live band for all to enjoy. The fire apparatus will continue beyond Law Park to the Todd School. Because we anticipate a heavy local and out-of-town attendance, the following will be closed to traffic and/or parking due to the parade.
- Pleasantville Road, from Chappaqua Road to Todd Lane from 12:30 PM-2:30 PM;
- Parts of Van Lu Van Road will be closed to public parking from 8:00 AM-3:00 PM (to accommodate county and local FD and WC and local government officials);
- Hickory Road, Willow Drive, Cypress Lane, and Locust Road will have No Parking in effect all day and will be closed to traffic from 12:30 PM-2:30 PM;
- Mulberry Road will have no parking from 7:00 AM-2:30PM and be closed to traffic from 10:00AM-2:30 PM;
- All cars parked along the parade route, specifically in the downtown area, at 1:00 PM will not be able to leave their spaces until the conclusion of the parade;
- The Library will be closed on Saturday and there will be no parking in the Library parking lot from 7:00 AM-7:00 PM;
- Wells Fargo Bank parking lot will be closed from 8:00 AM-3:00 PM;
- The Chase Manhattan Bank front area will be restricted for the official reviewing stand;
- The VH Municipal Parking Lot will be closed from 7:00 AM-7:00 PM (to accommodate county and local FD and WC and local government officials).
The Village is making Public Parking Available at the Law Park Fields and 555 Pleasantville Road. Anyone parking at 555 Pleasantville Road or Law Park Field will be able to take a shuttle bus to the downtown area or the staging area off Willow Drive.