BMFD – 2017 Annual Santa’s Express Route Schedule
December 15, 2017
Briarcliff Manor, NY, December 15, 2017– Santa Express general route schedule
For decades the all-volunteer Briarcliff Manor Fire Department has run Santa’s Express through the streets of the village. The kids really love it when we come by their streets. Santa will throw lollypops to the kids as we pass their homes. To make sure you don’t miss Santa please see the times we expect to pass by your area.
We love this time of year and want to wish all residents a very happy holidays and new year!
See below for the schedule
WCVFA Convention & Parade is HERE!
September 14, 2017
The 111th Annual WCVFA Convention and Parade is on September 14-16, 2017. Fire Departments county-wide will be attending convention meetings and training seminars, a friendship night, and on Saturday, September 16th, a full dress parade through the Village of Briarcliff Manor.
The parade will begin at 1:00 PM from the assembly points on the many streets west of Mulberry and then funnel out onto Pleasantville Road south through the Village. A reviewing stand will be mid-block on Pleasantville Road. The parade will end in Law Park with a live band for all to enjoy. The fire apparatus will continue beyond Law Park to the Todd School. Because we anticipate a heavy local and out-of-town attendance, the following will be closed to traffic and/or parking due to the parade.
- Pleasantville Road, from Chappaqua Road to Todd Lane from 12:30 PM-2:30 PM;
- Parts of Van Lu Van Road will be closed to public parking from 8:00 AM-3:00 PM (to accommodate county and local FD and WC and local government officials);
- Hickory Road, Willow Drive, Cypress Lane, and Locust Road will have No Parking in effect all day and will be closed to traffic from 12:30 PM-2:30 PM;
- Mulberry Road will have no parking from 7:00 AM-2:30PM and be closed to traffic from 10:00AM-2:30 PM;
- All cars parked along the parade route, specifically in the downtown area, at 1:00 PM will not be able to leave their spaces until the conclusion of the parade;
- The Library will be closed on Saturday and there will be no parking in the Library parking lot from 7:00 AM-7:00 PM;
- Wells Fargo Bank parking lot will be closed from 8:00 AM-3:00 PM;
- The Chase Manhattan Bank front area will be restricted for the official reviewing stand;
- The VH Municipal Parking Lot will be closed from 7:00 AM-7:00 PM (to accommodate county and local FD and WC and local government officials).
The Village is making Public Parking Available at the Law Park Fields and 555 Pleasantville Road. Anyone parking at 555 Pleasantville Road or Law Park Field will be able to take a shuttle bus to the downtown area or the staging area off Willow Drive.
WESTCHESTER COUNTY VOLUNTEER FIREMEN’S ASSOCIATION ANNOUNCES BRIARCLIFF PROPERTY GROUP AS A LEAD SPONSOR FOR THEIR 111TH ANNUAL CONVENTION & PARADE
Briarcliff Manor, NY – The Westchester County Volunteer Firemen’s Association announced today that Briarcliff Property Group will be a lead sponsor for the 2017 Westchester County Volunteer Firemen’s Association Convention and Parade. This year’s convention and parade is being hosted by the Briarcliff Manor Fire Department on September 14th -16th and will include participation from many volunteer fire departments throughout Westchester County.
Offering support this year is a local office complex represented by Kevin Cassidy and Steven Laker. “The volunteer members of the Briarcliff Fire Department have always been responsive and helpful to us at the Briarcliff Corporate Campus” said Cassidy. “We are happy to help not only the Briarcliff Fire Department but the entire Westchester County Volunteer Firemen’s Association with this year’s parade and convention” said Laker. Briarcliff Corporate Campus is located at 555 Pleasantville Road in Briarcliff Manor, NY. The campus consists of two large office buildings, conference center, fitness center as well as a manor house built by the Rockefeller family.
“As one of the smaller villages in Westchester County hosting this event, we greatly appreciate Agera Energy’s very generous support for Westchester County’s volunteer firefighters,” said Alan Goodkin, who chairs this year’s fundraising committee.
The Westchester County Volunteer Firemen’s Association: Westchester County Volunteer Firemen’s Association President Robert Outhouse stated that the association was “founded in 1906, the Westchester County Volunteer Firemen’s Association has been a power in New York State and has helped facilitate significant levels of legislation, for the benefit firefighters, adopted by New York State. For decades, the Westchester County Volunteer Firemen’s Association fought for a Training Center, and it obtained one of the finest in the State of New York. This would not have been accomplished without the unity and major push of the membership of the WCVFA. Today, the WCVFA continues to maintain a watchful eye for public and firefighter safety.” For ad journal/sponsorship information, please contact Alan Goodkin via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or cell: 917-692-8470.